Your garage can take quite a beating from daily use. If you are looking for ways to give new life to your garage, the team here at Quick Fix Garage Doors has a few ideas.
1. Cover Your Garage Floor
There are many ways you can cover over the cracks and stains of your garage floor. Here are the top four things you can consider:
- Paint- you can use epoxy, latex, or oil based depending on your preference.
- Tiles- there are a variety of designs you can choose from for your garage floor. Tiles aren’t the best idea if you park in your garage.
- Floor mats- similar to tile, floor mats can cover the entire floor or just thrown down over certain parts.
- Area rugs- if you use your garage as a living area, large area rugs can cover over unsightly stains or cracks.
Each of these have pros and cons to consider. You’ll want to decide what your ultimate goals are before picking one. If you need a solution fast, throwing down area rugs or floor mats are a great option. If you need something that is long lasting, epoxy paint would win out. The right one just depends on your goals.
2. Paint The Walls
Consider putting a new coat of paint on the walls. This can be a great way to brighten up your room and cover over scratches. Before you get started on painting the walls, here are a few tips:
- Really clean the walls- garage walls can get extra dirty, especially if you park inside. Scrub down the walls and remove all dirt and grime.
- Cover the floor- getting paint off of concrete is not an easy task. It is better to cover the floors with plastic. Some surfaces are much easier to clean then others, but concrete tends to absorb the paint.
- Remove everything from the walls- it is best to take down the shelves, brackets, peg boards, and anything else you have in place to organize your garage.
- Use a light colored paint- many garages do not have windows, so using a light paint is important. Otherwise, it can make the room feel much smaller.
- Choose a glossy paint- since garage door walls are susceptible to getting dirty, you should choose a high gloss paint for the walls.
It will only take a few hours of painting for you to feel like your garage has had a makeover.
3. Install a New Garage Door
An overlooked aspect of your garage is the garage door. Of course you know that the door will make the outside look fresher, but what about the inside? It can absolutely make a difference depending on the type of door you choose. Here are a few things to consider:
- Install a door with windows- let more light into your garage by installing a door with windows.
- Go with a carriage style door- carriage style doors have become very popular over the last few years. The wooden slats will add a lot of style to the inside of your garage.
A new door will make the inside and outside of your home look updated. Usually, you get a pretty high return on investment with this type of upgrade.
Call Our Team to Help
If you are ready to have a new garage door installed, call the team at Quick Fix Garage Doors. We can get one of our technicians out to your home right away. Depending on the style you choose, a basic design can be made in about 3-4 days. If you want to customize your door, you can get it done in 3 weeks or so.
We can guide you through the process of buying a new door. Let us know what questions you have so we can work with you. Call now and we’ll be right over.